Sunday, October 3, 2010

Coming Up and Old Stuff

I have a few nearly finished projects right now...and by nearly finished I mean I'm frustrated and hopefully I'll get the motivation to pull myself together. The Go To Dress I started during kids clothes week challenge is done, but I messed up the neckline, aka I forgot to gather it so it is just all wrong. I'm not really in the mood to un-stitch and re-stitch, so it's probably going to sit around for a while. I have a "finished" visor beanie but it is too small circumference wise for D and I have yet to try it on A to see how much I need to take off the height, easy task I just need to get around to it. Today I started a double sleeve shirt for A which I made my own pattern for. With the exception of the neckline it is completed sewn and freezer paper stenciled, but again I do not like necklines. I made this shirt using old shirts and didn't buy any rib knit for the neckline, thus I tried to use the neckline of one of the shirts and it didn't work so well. I'm hoping to get this done tomorrow since it is really cute and I can't wait to share it!

I'm hoping to finish these three projects before I start anything new, but I have several other projects I'm planning to start as soon as I get some fusible interfacing. I have a yellow long-sleeved shirt in mind for B with this super cute fabric from Joann Fabrics that has butterflies on it. I'm also planning on making B a fleece button up sweater and a winter hat and maybe some mittens with a black with colorful butterflies print also from Joann Fabrics. I also want to attempt to make another double sleeve shirt, and once again make my own pattern, but for D, I feel bad I haven't made him anything yet, though the visor beanie was originally meant for him. I'm thinking about doing a tutorial for the double sleeve shirt and possibly drafting a pattern to share since I'm going to be making it in multiple sizes... A is a 4/5 and D is a 7/8, if I made one for B too she's a 3/4. If anyone would be interested in a free pattern/tutorial let me know, it would give me a reason to do it!

On a side note, I was rummaging through old pictures and came across these. These are a few of the many figure skating dresses I made over the years, but the only ones I can seem to find pictures for.

This dress was for a show number to music from Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights:


 This dress was for a Christmas show:


This dress was for a Tribute to 9/11 show:





No comments:

Post a Comment